The Advantages of Social Media in Book Marketing3 min read
We are lucky to live in the kind of world that we live in right now. Through the power of technology and the Internet, we lead truly privileged lives. It is easier to get information, buy and sell products and services, and keep in touch with our family and loved ones through the Web and all these amazing gadgets that we now enjoy.
Social media is one innovation that has emerged and evolved due to the Internet and our sophisticated technology. Right now, it would be hard to find a person who hasn’t yet heard of social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Tumblr, or Pinterest. Not only private individuals make use of these sites for their personal purposes; businesses and organizations also recognize their clout in attracting customers or clients and generating sales.
The literary world is one such industry that is also beginning to recognize what social media can do. Right now, there are a lot of authors who make social media marketing an essential part of their book marketing strategy. They announce book signing events on their Twitter page, or create an official Facebook page through which they can get in touch with their fans or target readers. If you have just started on your self-publishing venture, then you can make your book marketing campaign more expansive by using social media.
In the digital age that we live in, social media marketing is a modern form of word-of-mouth promotions. Among the many marketing services for self-published authors that exist, it is considered one of the most effective. For the most part, it is free and simple to use, and it gives actual results, provided that you use it properly. To maximize its potential, here are a few tips that might come in handy:
- Always include images in your posts; people always stay for the content, but they are drawn in by the visuals. Include photos of the cover of your book and of yourself as the author. Stick to pictures that are appropriate and professional-looking.
- Tell all your friends, colleagues, and family members about your social media marketing attempts. They might be able to help you boost the appeal of your pages by liking your Facebook page or following your Twitter account. The greater the number of views, likes, and follows that you have, the greater the impact of your marketing campaign.
- Update your posts on a regular basis. The thing about social media is that you can never leave it alone. You have to maintain your cyber social ties by frequently creating posts. This is one sure-fire way to keep your readers and followers interested in your activities.
- If you have a website or a blog, make sure you include links to these sites on your Twitter or Facebook profiles. This is one way to increase traffic to your sites. Also include information about any other social media accounts that you might maintain.
- Respond to comments and questions posted by your followers and fans. Keep in mind that social media is all about interaction and constant communication. As much as possible, you should try to be online at least a few hours each day.
Harness the power of the Internet in your campaign and you can reap many rewards in return. Find a reliable book marketing services provider like BookWhirl who can guide as to the right approach you can apply in your social media efforts.