Upgrade Your Media Files – How to Convert Mp3 to Mp4 Format2 min read
The advent of various portable media players have been a welcome idea to many users. Now they can have access to their media files while on the go.
It can be noted that most of the downloadable media files available on the internet and the ones stored in millions on computers are in the mp3 format. However, majority of the newer media players available in the market today can only read media files are that are recorded in the mp4 format. This has posed a major problem to many end users who copy the files unto their media players and can’t access it.
Mp4 players are the technology of today in the sense that it plays both audio and video files and a combination of various unique file formats, but cannot play mp3 format files.
There is a lot of software available for download over the internet that can convert mp3 to mp4 format but most of the time, only advanced users can go about it.
To convert mp3 to mp4, follow these simple steps:
• Browse the internet, download and install audio to video converters. There are a lot of such converters available for download over the internet. Do a research and find a suitable one. Some of them allow you to try the software for a period of time with an option to buy it when the period elapses. Most of them only convert mp4 to mp3 and not vice versa, take note!
• Since there are various versions of mp4 formats, determine which format your portable media player requires to play the file you are converting. There versions are:
o Mp4 – plays both audio and video files
o Mp4a – plays audio files
o Mp4b – plays audio books
o Mp4v – plays video files
o Mp4p – plays protected files
• You may need to download the mp4 codec if the converter you are using does not bundle this in, most of them do. Chances are that if you downloaded the free version of converters, you will need to download the codec. The link to get it is always included in the resources/help tab. The media files will not convert without the proper codec.
• Now select the file/s that you need to convert. The right-clicking option is available on most converters. Select the format you want to convert it to or follow the instructions on the drop-menus to proceed
• After selecting the requirements for conversion, click on the convert or ‘OK’ button to complete the process.
Always remember to save your converted files at the location that you can recall. Most people have trouble finding the file destination after it has been converted and resort to going through the whole conversion process again to find the needed file. Oftentimes, it is stored in the same folder as the downloaded converter.